Assistant Store Manager - Full-time Hourly Benefits - #1260726
Date: 1 week ago
City: Salina, KS
Contract type: Full time
Ability to believe in our customer centered culture to deliver a superior customer service experience.
The Assistant Store Manager assists with the daily operations of the store and carries store keys to perform opening and closing responsibilities.
- Demonstrates Total Customer Service Standards and leads by example.
- Follows Loss Prevention guidelines to deter theft and manage mismates.
- Manages daily responsibilities including sales and operational plans, store and department standards, and safety and loss prevention guidelines.
- Supervises associates and delegates tasks to ensure productivity, assists in conflict resolution, coordinates meals/breaks, and shares department successes and opportunities.
- Assists with timely administration of progressive discipline, interviews, timecard punch edits, report review, and communication.
- Ensures all claims of harassment and discrimination are immediately reported.
- Processes weekly truck shipments by unloading, scanning, detailing case contents, and supervising product placement.
- Assists in floor moves, merchandising, pricing, promotional displays and store housekeeping to ensure execution of company direction.
- Trains associates to ensure consistent application of standards, product placement and/or cash handling to include collecting payments, and processing returns and exchanges.
- Provides overrides, performs safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements.
- 3-5 years of retail sales or customer service experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required; preferably in retail environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to execute the concept by understanding and applying report(s) information.
- Ability to successfully complete Key Carrier Certification exam within 60 days of hire or prior to promotion.
- Ability to manage, train, and mentor associates to assure company standards and processes are understood.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Time)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Disability, and Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
- Relocation Opportunities
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.
Deli Production Team Member
Pilot Flying J, Salina, KS
1 day ago
Company Description Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's...
Weekend Shift Manufacturing Technicians
Vortex Companies - KS, Salina, KS
6 days ago
Do you enjoy working with your hands, building or putting things together? Do you consider yourself mechanically inclined and know your way around blueprints and can read a tape measure with ease? If you answered "yes" then Vortex may be the place for you to jump start your career. We are a rapidly growing company that is always looking for...