F-35 CFT Aircraft Mechanic 3/4 - #1260727
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Performs and/or assists with Depot-Level modifications and TCTD maintenance actions at customer locations across the US as part of Contract Field Team (CFT).
The successful candidate will be a specialist in one or both of the following disciplines:
1. Performs all duties required to lay out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cable on aircraft. Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary. Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves. Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners such as bolts, screws, or solder. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Technical requirements also include fault isolation, troubleshooting, and repair of system failures detected during operational checks associated with modifications and restoration of aircraft to flying condition subsequent to accomplishment of modifications and maintenance. Interprets and uses various test equipment and works from wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, job guides, and maintenance manuals.
2. Installs detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, and patches. Modifies major structural components such ribs, stiffeners, longerons, straps and skins using shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required. Modifies composite aircraft parts and assemblies while exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, layouts and understands how to locate parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained. Reads and interprets engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes. Identifies aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders. Utilizes precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales. Candidate will have extensive and recent experience utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter. Will be familiar with a variety of aircraft materials such as aluminum, steel, titanium, plastic and advanced composites.
Additionally, all team members will perform other duties as part of a Contract Field Team (CFT) responsible for depot level modifications performed at customer locations. As part of the CFT, members are expected to assist in other technical disciplines as requested by team leads or management.
Overtime, weekends, and holiday work may be required.
This Requisition is Unfunded
This requisition is open for levels 3-4.
- Level 3: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with a minimum of 4 Years Aircraft Electrician or Airframes/Structural Maintenance experience.
- Level 4: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with a minimum of 6 Years Aircraft Electrician or Airframes/Structural Maintenance experience.
- Air Force 7 Level or US Navy or Marine Corps CDI, or industry equivalent such as an A&P.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance or higher (US Citizenship required)
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass required F-35 trainings (Advanced Technical Training and/or Cadre Course) for Continued Employment.
- Must be willing to provide temporary support to our other CFT locations at NAS Lemoore, NAS Fallon, MCAS Miramar, MCAS Cherry Point, MCAS Beaufort or MCAS Yuma should the need arise.
- Able to meet the physical demands of this position, including: regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- F-35 Aircraft Experience.
- Heavy mods or aircraft depot experience.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.