Medical Receptionist - #1309352
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
ProHealth is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time. We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles.
As a part of the Optum tri-state, Pro Health NY is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator to join our growing team in New York. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Location: 2800 Marcus Ave, Lake Success, NY 11042Schedule: 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm Mon-Weds, 8:30-6 Thurs, 8:30-4 Fri, 9-12pm Sat
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a smile and friendly tone
- Checks patients in and out of the clinic
- Verifies patient identity and insurance. Takes copayments in accordance with patients’ insurance plans
- Schedules patient appointments and maintains the schedule as adjustments are required
- Answers phones promptly and professionally. Transfers calls or takes messages appropriately
- Displays complete understanding of patient check-in forms and clearly describes information to patients and visitors as needed
- Generates referrals in accordance with provider directions and office guidelines
- Queues prescriptions for physician approval
- Crossed trained in Medical assistant
- Calls patients to confirm future appointments
- Performs other duties as required
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- 1+ years customer service experience in an office setting
- Excellent customer service skills
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.