Chemist I - #653099
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This individual has a demonstrated knowledge of Tremco’s core chemistries, products and operations within their technology platform and will further develop their knowledge under the supervision of senior R&D personnel. The individual will demonstrate competency and growth in regards to adaptability, initiative, resourcefulness, communication, collaboration and accountability as they develop, improve or maintain Tremco’s products and systems to grow sales and market share.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands Tremco’s core chemistries, formulations and manufacturing processes of existing products within assigned area of work.
- Understands causal impact of ingredients and processing compared to performance within area of assigned work.
- Prepares experimental formulations and process adjustments to manipulate product performance.
- Executes high level experimentation and demonstrates ability to relate observations and test variables to test results.
- Creates project plans that map out scope of work and committed timelines.
- Reviews work results and consults with supervisor to communicate course of action.
- Executes project plan tasks and experimentation.
- Understands and performs key testing protocol to validate product performance.
- Developing understanding of outside methodology that can impact project outcomes.
- Interacts with adjacent departments and customer to develop understanding and consensus.
- Maintains laboratory notebook to standard.
- Write monthly updates and technical reports to supervisor discussing project progression and next steps.
- Presents work and subject matter internally to R&D and project teams.
- Prepares conclusive technical reports.
- Performs tasks and duties as agreed to in PPOG, raw material evaluation and product audits.
- Submits ideas and concepts into innovation processes such as SPARK.
- Actively participates and collaborates on ideation of concepts.
- Activity participates in departmental initiatives such as KPIs, MAD index, housekeeping and small k’s.
- Performs and reports all work consistent with scientific methodology and standards.
- Performs assignments as agreed upon in project plans and standard work.
- Report results and adjust priorities to accommodate commitments.
- Secures all resources and materials needed for timely work flow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.